Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Snow in Virginia sucks...

So, apparently I haven't been able to post things as often as I'd like. Too busy I guess...

Anyways, we've received 11.5 inches of snow since my last post and this town went INSANE. Not only do Virginians not now the art of street clean-up, but they also don't realize that the city needs to be plowed during the hours of 8:00pm and 5:00am. This way there are no cars on the road while they plow, and you are able to do a whole city in one night, especially when it stops snowing at 7:00pm...

Other things that pissed me off while it snowed:
-People who don't shovel their sidewalks. If you don't shovel, it'll turn to ice pretty quick. They deserve to be sued by somebody who slips and cracks their head.

-People who think that snow is like rain, and it's easy to drive through it. GET OFF THE ROAD!!! (not that people in VA can drive in the rain, but that's for another post)

-(related to the above comment)People who floor the accelerator to get out of snow. All that does is kill your engine, wear just one of your tires, and makes it harder to get out.

-People who act like they've never seen snow/made a snowman/gone sledding. Now, I know its Virginia, but really?!?!?!?! In my expert one and a half years of living in Virginia, I gather we average about one snowstorm per year. We've had two (and possibly a third this upcoming weekend) this year. A snow storm should be as surprising as my birthday, or Christmas. It happens. Enjoy it, have fun. But please don't tell me how this doesn't happen in Virginia (3 times in a year and a half), making overly large snowmen kicks ass (ehh, a drunk guy usually knocks it down), and how sledding is the best thing ever (I know it is!), . But it'll melt, and probably pretty quick in this semi-tropical climate.

-People who think the world is gonna end b/c it snowed. Again, I realize it's Virginia. But look, the stores reopened, the electricity came back on(it actually never went off), roads were cleared (albeit slowly), and the plagues of locusts were avoided. I bet each person $0.10 this will happen the next time it snows (I expect $0.60 from this bet).

So, maybe I'm just a bitter ex-New Yorker, but the world goes on.

And a little hint: Don't eat the yellow snow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment